Ira Sorensen loves to race his road bike. In 2009 Ira was overweight, over 250 lbs. He wasn’t happy with how he felt or looked. So he started riding his $100 mountain bike on the road for exercise.
A buddy of his told him he needed to look at getting a road bike. Ira never liked riding a bike in the past but figured out that he really like to ride his bike. Ira bought his first road bike for $750 and started his cycling career.
Since 2009 Ira Sorensen has ridden almost 50,000 miles and has done over 400 competitive races. Ira worked his way up from the beginner Cat 5 to a Cat 1 Semi pro where he stands today. Here are some of Ira Sorensen’s most notable race results:
- 1st Lotoja 2011- Cat 4
- 1st Cat 4 Double M Road Race 2011
- 1st Little Mountain Road Race 2012- Awarded State Champion Cat 4
- 1st Lotoja 2012 Cat 3-4
- 1st Tour Del Sol Road Race 2013 Masters 35+ 1-2-3
- 1st Bear Lake Classic 2013 Masters 35+ 1-2-3
- 1st Heber Valley Circuit Race 2013 Masters 35+ 1-2-3
- 2nd Lotoja 2014 Pro 1-2-3 (Broke the Lotoja Course Record in 2014 8:45:39, http://lotoja.com/main/index.html)
- 1st Lotoja 2015 Pro 1-2-3- Fastest time Overall
- 1st Lotoja 2016 Pro 1-2-3- Fastest time Overall- Back to Back wins
Ira Sorensen Past Race Results
Every year Ira Sorensen support his favorite charity “Bikes for Kids Utah” by riding in their “Bikes for Kids Charity.” Bikes for Kids Utah goal is to make sure that every kid who wants to ride a bike has one to ride. Bikes for Kids has aligned their selves with many of Utah’s youth biking programs in an effort to work with groups to help get kids on bikes and enjoy an active lifestyle and a life sport.
As we all know, the sport of cycling is an expensive sport and the barrier to entry for many of Utah’s less fortunate kids is the cost of a bike. Therefore, Bikes for Kids Utah’s primary mission is to help these kids get on bikes that would normally not be able to afford to own a bike by themselves. The need is much larger than the funds that Bikes for Kids Utah has to meet that need.
Ira Sorensen loves sponsoring this great program by donating to Bikes for Kids Utah and supporting the active lifestyle for Utah’s youth that we all love and enjoy..